ALLOY 20 PLATES SPECIFICATIONS
ASTM / ASME B 463 Alloy 20 Sheets, Alloy UNS N08020 Chequered Plate, Alloy 20 Coils Leading Manufacturers. These UNS N08020 Plates has excellent mechanical properties and fabricability, along with minimal carbide precipitation during welding. It also contains niobium for stabilization against sensitization and resultant intergranular corrosion. As a manufacturer, supplier, stockiest andexporter, we offer these UNS N08020 Sheets, Plates and Coilsin custom-made sizes and thicknesses as per the exact demands of our esteemed clients.
There has long been a debate on whether Carpenter 20 is a stainless steel or a nickel alloy because the nickel content is right on the border of defining it as one way or the other. So, depending on who you talk to this alloy may be referred to as alloy 20 Stainless Steel or as a nickel alloy. Either way it is still great for corrosion resistance.
IN WHAT FORMS IS ALLOY 20 AVAILABLE AT MEGA MEX?
- Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lapjoints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples
- Welding Wire (AWS Classifications: ER320LR and E320LR-16)
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF ALLOY 20?
- Excellent general corrosion resistance to sulfuric acid
- Excellent resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Excellent mechanical properties and fabricability
ALLOY 20 SHEETS
ALLOY 20 PLATES, SHEETS & COILS CHEMICAL COMPOSITION
|Ni||32 – 38|
|Mn||1 – 2|
|Cu||3 – 4|
|Cr||19 – 21|
|Mo||2 – 3|
|Nb||0.1 – 0.3|
IN WHAT APPLICATIONS IS ALLOY 20 USED?
- Synthetic rubber manufacturing equipment
- Processing of pharmaceuticals, plastics and organic and heavy chemicals
- Tanks, piping, heat exchangers, pumps, valves, and other process equipment
- Acid cleaning and pickling equipment
- Chemical process piping, reactor vessels
- Bubble caps
- Petrochemical process equipment
- Food and dye production
ALLOY 20 PLATES, SHEETS & COILS PHYSICAL & MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
|Melting Point||1443 °C (2430 °F)|
|Tensile Strength||Psi -80,000, MPa -551|
|Yield Strength (0.2%Offset)||Psi – 35,000, MPa – 241|